Friday, March 19, 2010

2010 NCAA March Madness Bracket Update

NCAA bracket update, March madness 2010 brackets & NCAA mens basketball bracket 2010. The early lines are out for Day 3 of the NCAA Tournament, so despite a not-so-wonderful Day 1, I'll keep fighting along to see how I do for all 63 games:

Day 1 performance: 8-7-1

Saint Mary's (+5) over Villanova: It's hard to bet on Villanova after how bad they've looked the past few weeks. That game against Robert Morris wasn't that big of a fluke when you consider Villanova's recent performances. And not on did Saint Mary's look excellent against Richmond, but their best player (Omar Samhan) was a beast inside. And if there's one thing Villanova can't deal with, it's a big man who can score in the post and who can protect the rim on defense. This is basically a toss-up game, in my opinion, so I'll take the points.

Tennessee (-8) over Ohio: Ohio had what might have been the greatest performance in school history against Georgetown. They're a good team, but they'll never shoot like that again. And Tennessee survived a very tough San Diego State team. This game could end up being something of a romp.

Old Dominion (+5) over Baylor: If this were a pick'em I'd take Baylor, but I'm a little nervous about how Baylor played against Sam Houston State. And one thing to consider is that Baylor is a pretty poor rebounding team, and we all know how Old Dominion can get after the offensive boards. I'd probably lay off this bet altogether, but both Sagarin and Pomeroy think this line is a little bit too high, and I agree.

Wake Forest (+9) over Kentucky: I fully expect Kentucky to win this game, but I could see Wake Forest giving Kentucky a lot of trouble. They're athletic enough to hang with Kentucky, and they've got some big bodies who could knock DeMarcus Cousins out of the game with foul trouble. And you have to wonder how Kentucky will choose to handle Ishmael Smith, who absolutely torched Texas. You have to think that maye Kentucky will try to keep John Wall away from him to keep him rested for the offensive end? Considering how close everything went on Day 1, I'm going to take a point spread this high unless I think there's just a huge gap in talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment